CoronaCorona
Awareness
MyLPG.in
Have a Question
...
  • Home
  • >
  • Exploration & Production
  • >
  • Exploration & Production
  • >
  • Production

Production

Crude Oil

Crude oil production in FY 2018-19 (P) is about 34.20 Million Metric Tonne (MMT). About 71.15% of crude oil is by ONGC and OIL from nomination regime and remaining 28.85% of crude oil production is by Private/JV companies from PSC regime.

Table: State-wise Crude Oil Production Trends (Thousand Metric Tonnes)

State/Source

2014-15

2015-16

2016-17

2017-18

2018-19

2019-20
(Upto Dec'19)

Onshore

Andhra Pradesh

254

295

276

322

296

182

Arunachal Pradesh

69

57

55

50

43

41

Assam

4,473

4,185

4,203

4,345

4,309

3,090

Gujarat

4,653

4,461

4,605

4,591

4,626

3,527

Rajasthan

8,848

8,602

8,165

7,887

7,667

5,205

Tamil Nadu

241

261

284

345

395

310

Total Onshore

18,538

17,861

17,588

17,540

17,336

12,355

Share of PSUs
(excluding JV share)

9,482

9,051

9,192

9,386

9,367

6,913

Share of Private/JV

9,056

8,810

8,396

8,154

7,969

5,442

Offshore

Share of PSUs
(excluding JV share)

16,194

16,543

16,284

16,240

14,969

10,829

Share of Private/JV

2,729

2,546

2,137

1,905

1,899

1,192

Total Offshore

18,923

19,089

18,421

18,145

16,868

12,021

Grand Total

37,461

36,950

36,009

35,684

34,203

24,376

Share of PSUs
(excluding JV share)

25,676

25,594

25,476

25,625

24,335

17,747

Share of Private/JV

11,785

11,356

10,533

10,059

9,868

6,634

In FY 2018-19 (P), the share of offshore crude oil production is about 50.01%. The remaining crude oil production was from 6 States viz., Andhra Pradesh (0.87%), Arunachal Pradesh (0.13%), Assam (12.50%), Gujarat (13.53%), Rajasthan (21.82%) and Tamil Nadu (1.15%). The details of crude oil production in FY 2018- 19 (P) and last 5 years are as under:

Natural Gas

Natural Gas production in 2018-19 (P) is about 90.1 Million Metric Standard Cubic Meter per Day (MMSCMD). About 83.3% of natural gas production is by ONGC and OIL from nomination regime and remaining 16.7% of natural gas production was by Private/JV companies from PSC regime.

The share of offshore natural gas production in FY 2018-19 (P) is about 67.3%. The remaining natural gas production including CBM was from 10 States viz., Andhra Pradesh (3%), Arunachal Pradesh (0.1%), Assam (10%), Gujarat (4%), Rajasthan (5%), Tamil Nadu (4%), Tripura (5%), Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal (2%),. The details of Natural gas production in 2018-19 (P) and last 5 years are as under:

Table: State-wise Natural Gas Production Trends (MMSCM)

State/Source

2014-15

2015-16

2016-17

2017-18

2018-19

2019-20
(upto Dec'19)

Onshore

Andhra Pradesh

541

619

868

959.16

1081.31

688.84

Arunachal Pradesh

34

30

28

29.51

27.81

31.75

Assam

2958

3025

3128

3219.02

3289.06

2462.51

Gujarat

1527

1490

1580

1606.66

1402.22

1011.78

Rajasthan

1178

1338

1277

1441.93

1483.25

1343.80

Tamil Nadu

1192

1011

983

1207.22

1207.85

824.18

Tripura

1140

1332

1430

1440.37

1554.30

1173.64

CBM-WB, MP, Jharkhand

228

392

564

734.80

710.46

485.07

Total Onshore

8797

9237

9858

10638.69

10756.27

8021.58

Share of PSU
(excluding JV share)

7474

7608

8141

8519.80

8354.77

6044.64

Share of Private/JV

1323

1629

1717

2118.89

2401.50

1976.94

Offshore

Share of PSU
(excluding JV share)

17272

16406

16883

17791.16

19041.80

13951.43

Share of Private/JV

7589

6605

5155

4219.46

3075.32

1877.35

Total Offshore

24861

23012

22038

22010.62

22117.12

15828.77

Grand Total

33658

32249

31897

32649.32

32873.37

23850.35

Share of PSUs
(excluding JV share)

24746

24014

25024

26311.00

27396.57

19996.07

Share of Private/JV

8912

8234

6872

6338.34

5476.82

3854.29

 

Coal Bed Methane (CBM)

Commercial production of Coal Bed Methane (CBM) in India has commenced w.e.f. July, 2007 in Raniganj (South) block in West Bengal. As at 31st March, 2019, CBM production in Jharkhand is about 0.01 MMSCMD, CBM production in Madhya Pradesh is about 0.98 MMSCMD and CBM production in West Bengal is about 0.96 MMSCMD. Thus, as at March, 2019, CBM production from 5 blocks in the country is about 1.9 MMSCMD, which includes test gas production from 2 CBM Blocks and commercial production from 3 CBM Blocks. The Cumulative Production till March, 2019 is 3142.50 MMSCM.

Please refer to our Annual Report for more details..

CoronaCorona
Awareness
MyLPG.in
Have a Question