Make In India
The Make in India initiative was launched by Prime Minister in September 2014 as part of a wider set of nation-building initiatives devised to transform India into a global design and manufacturing hub.
To roll out Make in India campaign in Oil and Gas Sector, a policy to provide Purchase Preference linked with Local Content (PP-LC)) in all Public Sector Undertakings under Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas was approved by the Government on 12.04.2017. The policy aims to incentivize the growth in local content in goods and services by implementing oil and gas projects in India by providing purchase preference to the manufacturers/service providers who meet the local content targets in oil and gas business activities.
Procurement projections for 3-5 years (Document Link) (PDF 302KB)
- Government of India has announced the “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” to revive every sphere of the economy from demand, supply to manufacturing, and make the country self-reliant against the tough competition in the global supply chain.
- To take forward the initiative in oil and gas sector, the progress of Make in India initiatives in the sector was reviewed by Hon’ble Minister, PNG and Steel. Hon’ble Minister emphasized on localisation of various items related to Oil and Gas Sector.
- To drive the initiative of localisation of various items related to Oil and Gas Sector, a task force under Chairmanship of Secretary, PNG has been constituted with oil and gas PSUs and private companies as members.
- It has been decided to develop an exhaustive portal where all oil and gas organisations will upload their future demands and various item categories procured by them. The proposed portal is expected to be very useful to the Indian manufacturers to enhance their manufacturing capacity, thus giving impetus to ‘Make in India’ towards “Atamnirbhar Bharat”. This portal will also provide easy reports for various stakeholders like Government officials, various organisations in Upstream, Midstream and Downstream segments.
- ‘Organizing Regular interaction with prospective entrepreneurs as well as existing manufacturers’ is also envisaged as one of the strategy in this direction. This has been planned through webinars to be organized regularly with focus on a specific item category in each interaction. This will help by providing guidance to the manufacturers for venturing into new areas.